Monday, July 11, 2011

Greek Salad - Take that, Olive Garden!


I'll let you in on a little secret: I don't like salads.

Yes, I can eat them, but they are definitely not my favorite food. In an effort to add more greenery to my diet, I decided to make my own Greek salad. I love Olive Garden's salad (yes Olive Garden would be Italian but the salad is more Greek-y).

I will have to be better about measurements and nutritional facts, but for this particular salad I used about:

Greek Salad
-2 to 3 cups of lettuce
-half a tomato
-red onion slices
-banana peppers
-pitted medium olives
-feta cheese
-oregano (truly the kicker and flavor booster)
-a few texas toast croutons
-kraft greek vinaigrette and marinade (next time I will use a little less dressing...a little bit of vinaigrette goes a long way!)

Mix, toss and enjoy! Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment