Monday, February 21, 2011

"One of the habits of highly effective people is that they begin with the end in mind." - Stephen Covey

I've always been a fan of figuring out where I want to go (the end picture) and working backwards to get there.

So, the end result = being debt free.

Alright, what debts do I have?

As of today, the 10-day pay off amounts of my debts include:

Toyota Financial Services for the Sportage ~ $8449.07
Direct Student Loan Servicing ~ $46,601.98

(It's ok to cringe at the student loan total; I did.)

This makes my debt total (if paid within 10 days; let's be real - the student loan payback amount is scheduled to be more like $85k. double cringe): $55,051.05

This morning, I made a lofty set of goals (I know, I know...more goals? Seriously? Yes, seriously. Don't judge me.) based off of my upcoming birthdays, the biggest, loftiest one being:

I will be student loan debt free by age 35.

There. I said it. It's in writing so it has to happen. I have 8 years and 9 months from March 2011 to make it happen. Also, that's 105 months, in case you were wondering.

Other goals include:

By November 2011 - age 27
-Be at goal weight (50 pounds to go!)
-Run a 5k
-Run a 10k
-$5000 in savings
-$1000 in my 'need to pay for it' fund (i.e. car taxes, tires, etc. - NOT the same as my emergency fund)

By November 2012 - age 28
-Maintain weight loss
-Have car paid off (will end up being 1 year and 5 months year)

2013-2018 include focusing on continued savings in various savings accounts :)

By November 2019 - age 35
*HAVE PAID OFF STUDENT LOANS*

Side note: I apologize in advance for all of the cool, fun things I may have to say no to along the way - dinners, weekends of fun, traveling, cable, internet, etc. But, I have some lofty goals to accomplish and my priorities are very clear. Thank you for your support and understanding!

Signed. Sealed. Delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment