Thursday, January 15, 2009

painful truth

i have 42 weeks until my 25th birthday. this is significant to me for one major reason: i told myself awhile back that by the time i reach my 25th birthday i wanted to be at my weight and body goals.

long story short, i've struggled with my weight my entire life. i remember in kindergarten the little kids calling me "miss piggy." my weight continued to balloon my entire life until graduate school when i went on the south beach diet and lost a total of 75 pounds. i was clearly ecstatic! i was wearing a size small shirt and size ten jeans. but alas, fast forward to years and i've gained back 56 of those pounds and am feeling miserable about my current weight.

thus, i have decided to recommit myself to my goal. while i had lost 75 pounds then, i still had a few more to go to be at my ultimate weight. i just counted and i have 42 weeks to the day until my 25th birthday. each thursday i will set a new goal for myself and comment on the goal of the following week.

overall goals:
-lose 71 pounds by november 5, 2009
-have a positive self-image of my body
-create lasting diet changes (and by diet i mean the generic definition of diet, not being on a diet)
-be in a regular exercise habit

goals for week one:
-between now (jan. 15) and next week (jan. 22) recognize what my triggers are in terms of making unhealthy food choices
-keep a food journal
-go to the gym at least two times

now, why am i writing this in a blog? well, it's been said that if you write down your goals that you are more likely to achieve them. also, i know that a few people read this silly little blog o' mine and perhaps that will lead to added motivation. last, it will serve as a reminder for me to help me keep on task and a way to journal my progress.

*love and hugs*

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on setting your goals! However I have to say I think you are beautiful!!! The first time I saw your picture I said my brother had scored a "hotty"!!! And when I met you....you were even better in person! AND you are a REAL kind, loving person which makes all the rest even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing...you make me feel OLD! It is nine weeks until my birthday...I will be 32! When I was 25 I got married..now I am still married with 2 kids!! AHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicole! thank you so so much for the really sweet comment! that was so incredibly sweet!! i'm really trying to feel more comfortable in my own body and make myself feel more motivated, less tired, more active, etc.

    oooh and only nine weeks until your birthday! yay! and 32 is the new 22 :) and no worries - you are so pretty and so young-looking!

    ReplyDelete