Wednesday, January 28, 2009

next on the "25 random things about me" bandwagon...

well, since emily, beth, mia and lisa (amongst many others) jumped on the "25 random things" bandwagon...alas, i shall also put in my random 25 cents (ha, i find myself amusing). oh and side note: due to being sick and having my schedule thrown off, tomorrow's update will actually occur for next week (februar 5th) if you are keeping tabs on my weight loss blogosphere :p

25 random things about moi - enjoy :)

1. umm, well, i'm kind of an open book so anything you need to or want to know, you probably already do so this is gonna be kinda tough. i like sharing information and stories with people and find that i sometimes tell more than i need to about myself, oops. does that count as one?

2. i like when my water bottle matches my outfit and/or other accessories, although i've recently tried to get out of this trend. i had a full cabinet of water bottles and had to make some room, so i threw out probably 15 or so water bottles.

3. i get super annoyed when people incorrectly use your/you're but i get the MOST frustrated when people use singular and plural words incorrectly. for example, "every one should follow their dreams." no kids, no. bad bad bad. don't do it. "every one should follow HIS or HER dreams." yes, then you would get a gold star.

4. most people know this by now but i danced on stage with vanilla ice circa 2006. it was pretty badass, not gonna lie. ha.

5. i love stars (as in the shape). love them. all three of my tattoos have stars involved somehow. my momma gave me a pretty necklace with stars from tiffanys when i graduated from grad school.

6. i also love martini glasses, decorate with martini glasses and think they are adorable; however, i don't really enjoy drinking martinis.

7. it's super easy to make me cry sometimes. call it being a girl or being overly sensitive but man, my tear ducts work all too well...

8. i absolutely love virginia tech. love it love it love it. and yes, i was there in april 2007 when everything happened and it was the most traumatizing experience of my life. i lost three friends/former students...i still have nightmares about the entire situation.

9. i type how i talk and while i complain about people using incorrect grammar, i still enjoy typing how i talk - which isn't using incorrect grammar, mainly really really bad sentence structure, ha.

10. i looooooooooove quotes and song lyrics and use them whenever possible. i have a random document on my computer of quotes - if you have any favorite quotes, i'd love to add them to my list!

11. i'm a total concert groupie. outdoor country concerts are the best. sundresses and cowboy boots, mojitos, making new friends, singing at the top of your lungs to your favorite artists performing live...ah, the life.

12. duke basketball was my first favorite sport/team all because i was mildly obsessed with grant hill. i still love my bluedevils! coach k = amazing. i have a goal to make it down to cameron indoor stadium for a game at some point in my life. and duh, i looooooove hokie football! i probably like sports more than most people and i'm totally fine with that.

13. by the time i was 22 i had two degrees, my first 'grown-up' job and bought a condo. i finished a four year degree in three years. i sometimes question if this was a good decision. i also question if going to graduate school was a good decision, although i love my friends that i made and wouldn't miss out of those bonds for anything!

14. i love perfume and can't stand when people wear gross perfume or cologne. my favorites include body by victoria, j'adore by dior, the one by dolce and gabbana and be delicious by dkny; however, i only own the first two. i'm working on being able to afford the one when i have some extra money (hahaha funny thought).

15. i'm very uncomfortable with my body and my weight. unfortunately, this has been an ongoing battle since i was about four years old. i've tried many diets, had a breast reduction surgery to lessen the load on my back, various gym memberships, etc. and nothing seems to be successful long-term.

16. i miss my grandaddy every single day. i never met my so-called biological father, so for me, my grandfather was the person i looked to as a father-figure. my mother married my stepdad when i was nine and i love him as a father, too, but my grandaddy and i had a very special bond. some girls are daddy's girls, i'm a grandaddy's girl...

17. i've had the same best friend since fifth grade. i still remember our "best friends" necklace and it was in the shape of a phone, ha.

18. i never thought i'd be in a happy, healthy, 'grown-up' relationship with a man because i'd never had a positive relationship experience. that all changed when i started dating peter and together we've shown each other what it means to truly be love and be loved in return.

19. i'm ready to settle down, get married and start a family. yes, ladies and gentlemen, i actually do want a child someday. gross, i know. i think when i temporarily thought the worst case scenario situation last year when having some tests down as well as falling in love have changed my views on children. i'm terrified of raising a child, but at the same time, i think i have a few motherly qualities - just a few.

20. speaking of motherly qualities, i love to take care of people. it's kinda my thing. i like sending cards, or making cookies, or showing up to sporting events to cheer on my friends. i like feeling mildly needed or wanted and i also just like doing random, nice things for people for no reason.

21. i am borderline obsessed with my dog. mollie will be four on march 5th! she's fun and silly and i know i will be absolutely devestated when something happens to her down the road.

22. i have always been a britney spears fan, even when she was going through her phases of not doing so well. i'm ridiculously excited to see her in concert in march!!!!!

23. some children wanted to be doctors, or teachers...i wanted to work at espn even as a child. somehow i ended up in student affairs and i'm definitely ready for a career change. i am ready for financial security, being able to save money and job satisfaction.

24. i threw shot and discuss in high school and still wish i had continued on and tried to throw in college. i wasn't the greatest but i think i could have worked hard and threw for the women's team at tech. i miss throwing and sometimes want to throw just for the fun. weird, i know.

25. i have an issue with people's teeth. they must be perfect or at least mildly straight. it probably comes from the fact that i spent three and a half years dealing with braces and all of the fun things associated with that process, including: headgear, a pallet spreader, rubber bands, etc.

2 comments:

  1. I think you'd be the best mommy! You are kind and funny and I think you'd be an easy mother to have!
    Iam sorry that you miss your granddaddy. How nice to have that special relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always leave the best comments :) love you!!

    ReplyDelete