Saturday, February 7, 2009

you marry a role and you give up your soul 'til you breakdown...

perhaps, "starting over, yet again" would probably be a better title for this post. i forgot how hard the weight loss journey can be...and things have not been going well so far BUT i feel as though things are about to get better, friends!

last week, i talked to my doctor and she wants to pull me off one of my medications (i say 'one' like i take many meds; i take two: an anti-baby pill and a happy pill). she and i decided that it would be best for me to start going off of my anti-depressant (aka happy pill). i've been on it since about june or july of last year...and it's caused a 40 pound weight gain in six months.

because of the weight gain, i think that the medication has had a negative impact on my mental well-being and happiness. i was doing a little research online and found some interesting things about celexa (the medication i was taking):

If you're experiencing extreme weight gain while taking celexa, you're not alone. Weight gain is one of the most common side effects of celexa. And sometimes the weight gain becomes extreme.

The extreme celexa weight gain can most likely be attributed to two causes:

1. Celexa causes strong food cravings in some people who take it.

2. There's a very good chance that celexa has lowered your resting metabolic rate.

yup. sound about right...so, if i seem a little emotional/odd for awhile, it's because my brain chemistry is trying to get back to the pre-medication state. thankfully peter is very loving and understanding; i truly don't think i'd be going off of them without him in my life - wish me luck!

*love and hugs*

p.s. name that song and/or band and you win bonus points in my cool book :p

1 comment: