Friday, November 19, 2010

Week Two Update for You :)

Well at least in terms of writing headlines/blog titles, I'm creative. Elsewhere, the creativity is about a big fat zero. Week two went a whole lot like week one...this is a trend that must stop in week three!

Fitness/Weight Loss
Next topic. Though, I did work out at least twice and look forward to working out at least twice between now and Monday (although that would count for week three).

Organization
I spent quite a bit of time organizing my office this week. At my previous job, we had a presentation on 'customer service' and how it related to higher education. In the presentation, the presenter had mentioned that our work space should be neat, organized and presentable. I remember the room filling with laughter. I put away files, organized my bookshelf and straightened out my desk drawers. It actually looks and feels like a grown-up office - minus those big, fake flowers sitting on my desk...and the pink picture boards...and the Pi Phi/Virginia Tech memorabilia...but you get the point :)

Savings
I am so proud of myself! I was paid this week and went through and paid the necessary bills. I then took out cash (yes, Mom, cash!) and put into individual envelopes: groceries, gas, spending money.

While I didn't stay perfectly within my range, I was able to put an extra bit of money into savings. I am at 5% towards my savings goal for the year and on a (hopefully) good track!

Education
I met with the graduate admissions counselor today. The biographical portion of my application is complete. Next will be to request transcripts, recommendation letters and to complete a personal essay. While the program I want to do won't have an actual new cohort until 2012, I can apply and hopefully be accepted to the program and take classes towards my concentration. So, if all goes right, I'll be taking classes in the fall of 2011.

Reading
Fail. Big fail. I didn't finish my first book yet, so I'm officially behind. I will finish my Dexter book this weekend and start either the fourth Dexter book or another book. I am waiting on a Jen Lancaster book to arrive; I thought it would have been here by now. Grr.

Book
Fail. Epic fail. I haven't written one flippin' word on that piece. Sigh...

Alright. So, sometimes it takes a bit of time to get started. Maybe I needed to (very) slowly build momentum so that I have a rockin' week three?

No comments:

Post a Comment