Tuesday, May 5, 2009

attack of the bridesmaid's dress...

so, i'm in my dear friend christa's wedding in september. i ordered my dress february 17th with the hope of losing a few pounds between then and when it arrived.

well, it arrived. and according to my mother (as i had to dress shipped to her house knowing that i was moving but not knowing where to at the time) it is cut kinda small. awesome.

as anyone reading this blog and knows me knows, i have always been battling my weight. as you as four i remember having a weight problem and it has continued to be a constant battle. i think the first entry i made in this blog was about my weight loss goals, which, by the way, have continued to fail.

but that's the great thing about trying - you keep trying and eventually, hopefully, you will get it right. peter and i started south beach yesterday. i'm using that as a way to hopefully jump start myself, even if i don't last the whole two-week of strictness. at the same time, i'm still using my weight watchers tracker. so, really i'm doing a low-carb weight watchers system - which could be perfect for me. thus, after the strict (no carb, no nothing but veggies and protein) part, i'll transition easily into adding carbs and things back into my diet - but staying within my points.

i love south beach because the you can see results in two weeks. when i lost my previous 40 pounds plus some, i was doing the south beach diet. it's tough, but it works. this time, using the weight watchers system, i'll hopefully be able to actually keep it off longer than a year.

i am also going to try and be better about writing in my blog about this. i think it will be helpful and show some accountability on my part, as well as be a reminder of the struggle and battle when a. i reach my goal and start slipping and b. when i need some encouragement along the way!

plus, i'm tired of sounding like a broken record. i LOVED getting new clothes and outfits when i was smaller; i'm soooooooooo looking forward to that again!

when i first started this blog, i had small goals for each week...well, i was supposed to! so that being said, my goals from now until sunday, may 10th:
-stick with south beach phase one
-keep track of my weight watchers points
-do not exceed my weekly points total
-to look towards the positives and not dwell on the negatives
-work out twice

oh, by the way, the wedding is september 26...which is 21 weeks and four days away!

*love and hugs*

2 comments:

  1. You are such a hottie! Don't beat yourself up! It's great that you want to do this and that you are doing it but don't make yourself feel bad about it or how you look now! If I was gay...my brother would be having a fight on his hands!!!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicole! your comments are always the best and they are always great appreciated :) and you are too funny!

    i am just so tired of being discouraged and not liking what i see when i look in the mirror. and i am trying really really hard this time! i even went and worked out last night and it felt great!!!

    ReplyDelete